Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Another Use For Shredded Zucchini


 As I've been using things up in the freezer to prepare for this year's harvest, I noticed I still had quite a few bags of shredded zucchini left!

Normally I would make zucchini bread and fritters, but since we're not eating baked goods or much grain, I needed to come up with another use.

I've added some of it to soup and spaghetti sauce with good results but wanted some other ideas too. So I started adding about 1 cup shredded zucchini ( with moisture squeezed out) to our scrambled eggs in the morning. I was surprised at how tasty it is.

Add some diced ham and you have green eggs and ham!

Adding veggies to eggs is a great way to sneak in some extra nutrients and uses up my stash too!

1 comment:

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

Ahh... I've done that before. It is really good.

Yeah. Squeeze it as dry as you can. Sometimes I even just melt a little butter in the frying pan. Toss in the shredded zucchini and get it nice and hot (cooked through) and then melt American Cheese over it and serve it as a quick side. It tastes like corn. :)