Monday, May 03, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - The Boring Detox Edition


My menu plan is pretty boring and simple this week as I've started a cleanse. I'm filling up on mainly meats and veggies this week and will add some fruits and dairy in a week or two.

Hoping this cleanse along with some supplements will be a start to ridding my body of some annoying problems that have been hanging around for far too long!

My husband is not doing the cleanse but he'll eat pretty much the same foods as me. We'll just add fruits, carbs, etc.to the meals for him.

Breakfasts- scrambled, poached or hard-boiled eggs with veggies(sauteed or fresh); homemade beef sausage with veggies (sauteed or fresh).**Add fruits and toast for Andy.

Lunches- salads, vegetable or lentil soup.**Add breads and sandwiches for Andy.

Snacks- hummus with veggies, plain veggies, hard boiled eggs. **He can have whatever he wants!:-)

Suppers- 
Salmon, zucchini, brown rice
Beef and veggie stir fry, brown rice
Baked chicken, steamed cauliflower, steamed carrots, sauteed kale
Monterrey beans (adapted for me), fresh veggies, brown rice
Pizza for Andy; soup and salad for me

Kitchen chores for the week:
-Soak and cook several kinds of beans to use and freeze.
-Make batch of beef sausage for week.
-Bake bread. (Didn't get to it last week!)
-Make batch of hummus to use and freeze.
-Research recipes that use sourdough starter and try at least one. Feed starter every day!
-Make yogurt.

For more exciting menu plans, please head on over to Organizing Junkie!

No comments: