Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday: No Slip Hangers

I've always had trouble keeping my sleeveless dresses and jumpers from continually falling off the hangers while hanging in my closet. It's a major pain to find the dress you were hoping to wear in a crumpled heap on the floor! I had tried safety-pinning the straps to the hanger but it was too much of a pain and there was the tendency to leave marks. I also tried bending the wire hangers up on the ends to keep the dress on the hanger, but this didn't work either! So I was excited to find this simple solution that uses two rubber bands-one on each end of the hanger- and actually works really well! I only wish I could take the credit for this bright idea.:-)

To use, wrap a rubber band around each end of the hanger. I used thick rubber bands, which I think would work better than the thin ones. Position bands according to where your shoulder straps/ garment will be hanging. Hang your garment and it should not fall off!

This simple idea works for me!


7 comments:

Johanna said...

That is a really neat idea! I always read ideas like this and think "why didn't I think of that?" lol I guess my brain just isn't wired that way!

Johanna

Jane said...

Great idea. My grandma used to make me knitted hangers for just this reason. I have had those for 20 years now, but I don't have nearly enough so they are just for special outfits and delicate knits.

Amy said...

Very, very smart! Thanks for this tip. We just reorganized our closet and I was having this issue. Thanks a bunch!

mira said...

This is a great tip. My DD's dresses are always falling off the hangers because the dresses are too small for big hanger and too loose for little ones. This will definitely help me keep her closet more organized, thanks for sharing.

Ms. Kathleen said...

So simple! I have never heard of this before. Thanks!

Cherish the Home said...

What an excellent idea! This is a problem I have with many of my shirts. I'm going to give it a try. (o:

Anonymous said...

What a great tip! I'll have to try it. Thanks!