Thursday, March 19, 2015

Drying Apples and Tonight's Supper


While supper was baking tonight, I took the time to get a bag of apples ready to dry.

We love dried apples for a little snack, especially for travel. They're like candy--so sweet--but with no added sugar. Just one ingredient: apples! 

I just peel, slice and core the apples and place them on the dehydrator trays to dry. Usually takes about 8-10 hours or overnight. 

So easy and much cheaper than buying a little bag of dried apples from the store. 

For supper tonight, I made a Ham and Cheese Puff Pancake that I had pinned on my Breakfast board. 

It. was. delicious. So so so good! I had to exercise great self-control to save some for tomorrow's breakfast and not gobble it all up tonight. I served the puff pancake with veggies & dip and clementines. 

Seriously, if you like cheesy hammy food, you must try it! 

3 comments:

Debra said...

That looks really good! :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I will have to try this! I make a pancake puff that we eat with peanutbutter and syrup.

We dry apples too, but don't peel them. They don't last long around there either.

~katie~ said...

Dear Mary Ann,

I see I've missed a whole series of posts here!! So glad to see you posting again! :) Happy Spring!

I've been looking into dehydrators. I think it would be a great thing to have, but I'm trying to decide how much I will use it. Your apples look delicious!

You have such darling items in your etsy shop!! Will have to take another peek very soon. Those new aprons are precious!

Well, just wanted to stop by to say hello.

Blessings to you~
Katie