Monday, September 03, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Grapesicles




In the interest of trying another cheap and easy snack idea from Pinterest this week, I chose to make grapesicles.


I read the directions this time but wouldn't have had to; no hidden stuff I couldn't see in the picture! :-)

I'd gotten some big red grapes at Aldi so I washed, dried and threaded them on wooden skewers. (Used some shorter skewers I had.) I then laid them on a waxed paper lined pan  and froze.

I'd heard of eating frozen grapes as a snack but hadn't tried it and wasn't sure I would like it. Not a fan of trying to chew big frozen chunks! Too cold and makes my teeth hurt!

I do like these grapesicles! The grapes are small enough  and they begin to thaw rather quickly so they're not too cold to chew.

Pretty tasty and fun! And who doesn't like eating things off of a pointy stick!?!

Verdict: Win!

**This post is part of Pinned It, Made It Monday! over at Country Girl At Home.

2 comments:

Blessed Beyond said...

What an awesome idea. We love frozen grapes, so what a fun new twist this will be. :) Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

It really is a great idea! It would be fun for my 4 year old to help put them on and then eat them too! And it's a healthy snack! Thanks for participating Mary Ann! :)

You have a great week!
Tammy