Monday, August 27, 2012

Pinned It, Made It: Frozen Banana Bites


I really like Pinterest. I'll admit that I use it mostly as a bookmarking tool rather than browsing the site. But I've found many great ideas through  Pinterest and because I can see what I've pinned, I've been much more likely to remember what I want to do and actually follow through with a lot of them!

One of the more difficult aspects of eating a low-grain and sugar diet is finding snacks that are easy, quick and budget-friendly. Gone are the days of muffins, cookies and homemade granola bars that are easy to make ahead and freeze. We eat  a lot of fruit for snacks, but sometimes it's nice to have a little something else--a treat, if you will!

I pinned these frozen banana bites to my Real Food: Appetizers and Snacks board and could hardly wait to try them! They looked so easy: slice bananas, spread with peanut butter. Slap them together and freeze!

So that's what I did--EXCEPT I didn't follow the original directions. In fact, I had went on the picture alone! I went back later and read the recipe-- which involves mixing mashed bananas with yogurt and peanut butter to spread on the banana slices.

I'm sure that's delicious too, although we really liked my simple method and will probably continue making them that way.

But I'll let you choose which method you want to try!

**This post is part of Pinned It, Made It!Monday! over at Country Girl At Home.

5 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh I love easy and I know a certain 4 year old around here that would love these! I like your method even without the yogurt!

Thank you for joining me for Pinned it Made it Monday!

Have a great week!
Tammy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I'm following you on Pinterest now!

:)

Tammy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Me again, Mary Ann! :) I couldn't find a follow button to follow your blog! I'd love to follow you if you can direct me how! :)

Tammy

arkie said...

These sound interesting! May have to try them soon.

Ronalyn said...

just put these in the freezer - if I don't like them, I'm sure the pups will!