The contents of last week's produce basket.
I was away for a couple of days this past weekend and we plan to be gone again next weekend. This menu plan is for all the days in between!
**For weight loss and general health, we eat a diet low in grains but higher in protein, healthy fats, vegetables and fruit. For the most part, we avoid wheat, corn, refined sugar, starchy vegetables such as corn and potatoes and most processed foods. It is a work in progress--our diet isn't always perfect and we are far from eating all organic but we have both lost a good bit of weight since changing to eating this way in March of 2011 and we feel great! And for the record, we do eat a lot of brown rice and eggs and we're ok with that!**
- Scrambled eggs- 2x
- Baked egg cups, bacon-2x
- Baked egg cups, sauteed veggies
- Scrambled eggs, sausage- 2x
- Easter Sunday Fellowship dinner-- Crockpot sweet potatoes(made plain without spices and added ingredients), applesauce
- Veggie cheese ball, celery sticks, sweet potatoes-2x
- Rice salad, hard-boiled eggs
- Hot dogs, variety of leftovers
- Beef and mushroom gravy on rice, spicy roasted cauliflower, marinated and broiled tomato slices
- Southwestern Lentils, veggie, cheese
- Salmon, sweet potatoes, sauteed vegetables
- Meatza, sweet potato fries, veggie
We typically eat fruit for snacks. This week we have a variety of pears, apples, oranges and pineapple to eat. Plus yogurt. And some coconut milk which I'll use in a smoothie one day.
**This post is part of Menu Plan Mondays!
What's cooking in your kitchen this week?