Monday, August 14, 2006

In My Sewing Room- Flower Pincushions



Thanks to Tori for sharing the instructions on how to make these cute little pincushions!

I love finding projects that use supplies that I already have on hand. I already had fabric, buttons, stuffing and thread, so the only thing I needed to buy was felt for the backing. Taking into account that I used scraps of fabric and buttons I had on hand, my cost for each of these is about 12 cents! These take, literally, only about 15 minutes to make. I am making a bunch of these to give to all my sewing friends.

Tip: I used a small dessert/salad plate (about 6 inches in diameter) as a pattern to cut out the circles.

OOPS!!! After making these, I realized that the "flowers" don't have enough petals! Oh well, I'll make sure the next ones are done the right way! I still think they are cute though. :-)Be sure to look at Tori's pincushions to see how they are really supposed to look!!

3 comments:

Denial Renae said...

I think that they are cute either way!

theups said...

These are REALLY cute!! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to attempt making these yet. I'm such a beginner with sewing.

His,
Mrs. U

Tori Leslie said...

Those are so cute. I love the four petal thinggy, I was thinking when I looked at them, that you had such a good idea, changing them a little so they only have 4 petals and then I read it was an accident, a good one at that!!
Thanks for the link back.