Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Monday Was A Good Day For Free

Monday was a good day for free things!

A friend offered me some okra from their garden. Of course, I accepted! When we stopped by and picked up the bag of okra, we were surprised to see not just a bunch of okra but also grape tomatoes and zucchini. The extent of my gardening this summer is basil and mint so produce is happily accepted and eaten! Our current favorite way to prepare okra is to roast it with a little olive oil and seasonings--so delicious and easy!

When I got to work, a coworker offered me a dozen of her farm fresh eggs. I give her egg cartons every so often and she brings eggs to work occasionally looking for someone to take them home. I don't turn down fresh eggs. ;-)

Meanwhile, Andy switched one of my prescriptions over to Publix where it would cost me nothing for a month's supply. My prescription yesterday was FREE as well!

I was also offered a bag of potato chips leftover from a party at work but I declined. We are trying to eat well and chips would be too big of a temptation! If it is here, we will eat it. 

We are so grateful for these little blessings! 


2 comments:

Angela said...

I love a day like that! I am going to try your life recipe tonight. I have lots running out my ears!

Rhonda said...

That’s wonderful about free prescriptions. I read Publix was doing that.