Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Andes Mint Cookie Bites

After making these cookies, I was inspired to try them in a mini muffin pan as "cookie bites".

I needed to make around 4 dozen  cookie bars or small cookies for a special family occasion in a few weeks and thought that the mini muffin size would be a good bite size and would be easy to do--no cutting of bars and easy to transport!

I don't have a mini muffin pan--I used to have 1 or 2 but never used them--so I borrowed 2 from my neighbor.

Cake mixes and brownie mixes were on sale when I ran to the grocery store on Saturday so I bought 4 Devil's Food cake mixes and 2 brownie mixes to keep on hand. I knew I'd be using the cake mixes anyways so I might as well save a little money! I also bought 3 packages of Andes mints.

I bought a few other things but the cake mixes and candy made up the bulk of my shopping cart. I told my husband that it looked like I had a serious chocolate problem. To which he replied, "There is no such thing as a chocolate problem!"

Haha--we definitely like our chocolate around here!

Anyways, I made a single batch the first time to share for our Sunday Fellowship. Nobody minds being a guinea pig or eating mint chocolate cookies two weeks in a row--I served the original recipe last week!

I put small spoonfuls of dough in each muffin hole and baked for 8 minutes. I cut the Andes mints in half and put one on each cookie bite. I think half-size worked better than using the whole candy. A single batch in the mini muffin size made about 4 dozen.

We all liked them, so I made a double batch the next day which made 8 dozen. We ate a few and shared a few. I froze the rest to take with us in a few weeks so that chore is done and marked off the list!

I just thought I'd share how these turned out in case any of you wanted to try it!

No comments: