Monday, November 26, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie

This Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie was my "fancy new recipe" contribution to our Thanksgiving dinner. When I saw the recipe in the November issue of Southern Living, I knew I wanted to make it!

This recipe called for a long list of yummy and not-so-healthy ingredients. Which is why we served it for Thanksgiving dinner. Because a) Thanksgiving is a holiday so therefore, we can eat whatever we want, right? and b) We had plenty of people to share it with so we didn't eat it all ourselves!

Anyways, this pie was to. die. for.

 What could be better than chocolate chips? Chocolate chips with cream, cream cheese and sugar, of course!

And since the chocolate layer isn't rich enough, why don't we add caramels, butter, cream, sugar and nuts?

Yes, why don't we?

Chocolate-Caramel Pecan Pie, ready to serve!

**Click the link above for the recipe!
**I substituted walnuts for the pecans. 

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, that looks delicious, Mary Ann! I can just hear the scales groaning now!
I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving.
Enjoy your week! :-)

Rhonda said...

that looks very good, but I was sure not expecting such a sugar-heavy dessert from you.

yum! I think if we could pie everyday, that would just be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Looks so good! Did you use a 10 inch deep dish pie pan with removable bottom like the recipe said? I never heard of such a pan. Would a regular pie pan work?

Mary Ann said...

Anonymous,

The pan I used was a regular pie pan but pretty big-- at least 10 inches and fairly deep. The filling filled it up almost all the way to the top.

~katie~ said...

This looks absolutely scrumptious, Mary Ann! I might try to make this for Christmas guests ~ yummy!!!

I think of you this time of year as I pull out fun Christmas tunes and darling aprons to bake in. You have been a blessing over and over again through your thoughtfulness.

Hope you are doing well, sweet friend!

Blessings~
Katie