**For weight loss and general health, we eat a diet low in grains but higher in protein, healthy fats, vegetables and fruit. For the most part, we avoid wheat, corn, refined sugar, starchy vegetables such as corn and potatoes and most processed foods. It is a work in progress--our diet isn't always perfect and we are far from eating all organic but we have both lost a good bit of weight since changing to eating this way in March of 2011 and we feel great! And for the record, we do eat a lot of brown rice and eggs and we're ok with that!**
I menu plan from Wednesday to Tuesday each week.
1. Cabbage and chicken stir fry, rice, egg drop soup
2. Homemade "Hamburger Helper" type dish with ground beef and rice pasta
3. BBQ chicken tenders, sweet potatoes, sauteed zucchini and mushrooms
4. Salmon patties, big green salad
5. Graduation party for friend
6. Meeting #1: Take applesauce and green beans
7. Meeting #2 (finger foods): Take veggies and dip, leftover dessert from earlier in day
2. Crustless spinach quiche
4. Packed lunch--rice salad, cheese, yogurt, fruit, nuts
5. Hot dogs, leftovers
6. Split pea soup, rice, cheese
7. Church Fellowship: Take Cheesy Vegetables, dessert
Breakfast is scrambled eggs almost every morning this week. To scramble things up (pun intended), I'm serving them with avocado, spinach, tomato, cheese, salsa and/or sour cream. The one day we're not eating scrambled eggs, I'm serving Greek yogurt.
We typically eat fruit for snacks. This week: bananas, kiwi, apples, oranges... Also, we have applesauce and homemade pina colada pops!
**What's on your menu this week?
**This post is part of Menu Plan Monday over at Organizing Junkie!