Friday, July 24, 2009

Blueberry Picking


Last week we went blueberry picking at a local u-pick farm. This is by far the most affordable blueberry place we've discovered around here. Thanks to my friend Abbie for telling me about it!

Andy and I had such a good time picking blueberries. This was our second trip this season. We also went the week before and picked one gallon. They were so yummy that I wanted to get two more gallons to freeze!


We've had blueberry pancakes, several blueberry cobblers, blueberry muffins and I've been able to freeze almost 2 gallons for the winter. Before I froze them, I would grab a handful of berries everytime I walked by. They are so delicious! And healthy too.

Wonder who this nice lady is?!? Whoever she is, she looks like her mom!:-)

Fresh (unsprayed) and local blueberries. It doesn't get much finer than that!

Stop by Amy's blog for more Finer Things Friday posts!

3 comments:

Ramble with Carole said...

I can attest to how fine these berries are as I got to taste from the "fruit of their labor!!" And it was yummy!!!

DarcyLee said...

Blueberries are my favorite fruit. I love them to use them in so many different ways.

Amy @ Finer Things said...

Wowee! I want some! I looked online, and our nearest blueberry picking is three hours away. :(