Thursday, June 28, 2007

Dill Pickles



Thought you might like to take a peek at my first canning experience of the season- 6 quart jars of dill pickles!

These were very easy to make. From start to finish was just under 2 hours. Some I put in the jars whole;others were sliced in chunks and spears. We'll see which ones we like the best!

I'll be sharing more of my canning days with you as the summer progresses. Canning is a fun and useful art to learn and while I've helped my mom and sister do a lot of canning, I've never done a whole lot by myself! So I am excited about learning more about canning and preserving this summer.

1 comment:

Wilma said...

YEAH! It is so much fun to see the results of canning at the end of the summer when you see the rows of goodies on the shelves. It is a lot of hard work but does taste better then the store bought stuff. Keep it up!