Monday, January 22, 2007

Homemade Corndogs

Here is a picture of the homemade corndogs I made a couple of weeks ago! The picture is blurry but you can still see generally how they look. I used Alton Brown's recipe for these, which was easy to follow.

This was one of my attempts to learn something new by using ingredients that I already had on hand. (I didn't add the jalapeno peppers, but they were fine without.) Next time I will have more hotdogs on hand to use up the leftover batter, since there was a lot of extra. This time I made "fritters" out of it.

These turned out really tasty. My husband loved these! Of course, these are not a healthy recipe with the frying and all, so I won't be fixing these often. But you should at least try them once. It's really fun to "make your own" convenience foods at home!

No comments: