Thursday, January 10, 2019

January Goals


With our new addition comes changes to our home, so I've been thinking that some attainable  monthly goals may be more beneficial this year than a long list of lofty ones.

With that in mind, here is what I hope to accomplish in January:

1. Create some simple homemaking routines.  Baby schedules are forever changing but some simple routines will help to keep our home in order. Routines will also help with my daily productivity.
 These leftover food items from the fridge became a yummy stir-fry one night this week.


 2. Do a Pantry Challenge this month. This is helpful to save money and use up lots of odds and ends we have in the pantry, fridge and freezer. I do this annually and it's always a good time! My goal is to spend $100 or less on groceries this month.

3. Sew for my baby! I am itching to dust off the sewing machine and make some things. While I feel she does need more dresses in her life, my main goal this month is to try making her a winter hat. I have some leftover fleece to use for this.
Making zucchini noodles with my new spiralizer- a Christmas gift.

4. Get back to eating a mostly low-carb diet. I've experienced some health issues in the past year or so and have found I feel so much better eating lower amounts of grains, sugars and dairy. This (understandably) went by the wayside when we brought Ilona home but I am getting back on track. And the Christmas cookies? They are finally almost gone!

Without realizing it, these four goals are all different categories: Home, finances, fun/creative, personal/health. A good balance and should keep me busy all month long. ;-)

Do you have any goals for January? 

 My main goal is lots of snuggle time with this little beauty!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

You should be able to reach your goals, even with a baby in the house. *smile* Enjoy the snuggle time goal. That's the best!

My goal for January is to work at stretching our grocery budget and have a zero waste kitchen. So far it's going well.

Out My window said...

Enjoy that little cutie she will be tiny for such a short time.

Monica Wilkinson said...

These are lovely goals, friend! Love seeing you with that sweet babe in your arms!!!!! YAY!

Jill said...

Hi! I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower :-) Sounds like your New Year is off to a great start with some good goals :-) That little baby is so amazingly precious.... enjoy every day!

Blessings,
Jill