Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- The Challenge Continues!

The first full week of the Eat From The Pantry Challenge went well. We haven't gone hungry yet, so that is a good thing!

Now on to week two...

I'll probably have to do a little grocery shopping this week. I did shop a little last week but spent more on non-food items than food and got some very good deals at CVS and Walgreens. I'm thinking that  I'll actually need some fresh items this week.

Last week, I only planned supper menus and left breakfast and lunch to what I had on hand and planned that a day or two at a time. That worked really well so I'll do that again this week. Why fix something if it's not broken?

So here's the plan... I have had a really bad headache all day and haven't been able to think clearly. Because of this, my menu plan is pretty basic. I may change some things as I go along, but for now, easy and basic sounds pretty good to me!

**indicates freezer meals

Sunday- hamburgers, pickles, steamed mixed veggies

Monday- church meeting

Tuesday-chicken pot pie**, peas

Wednesday-spaghetti sauce** over noodles, mixed veggies

Thursday- French Market Day Bean Soup cooked in crockpot with ham bone, biscuits**

Friday- homemade pizza(crust is pre-made**), salad or veggies and dip

Saturday- leftovers or grilled cheese sandwiches

For more menu planning inspiration, head on over to I'm An Organizing Junkie!

No comments: