Thursday, April 09, 2009

It's Time To Spring Clean!

We've decided to spend Easter weekend spring cleaning our house. We'll see how it goes but I'm hoping to get 3 rooms done on Friday and 3 rooms on Saturday. Most of the rooms are pretty small so some should go fast.

If we do get 6 rooms done in two days, then the only room left will be the laundry room. I usually take a whole day to deep-clean it, so that will be left for another time!

I only did spring cleaning on two rooms last year, so my house is in dire need of a good scrubbing! I don't enjoy the cleaning part but seeing the house sparkle and smelling the fresh clean scent is worth it once I'm through!

Friday:
--kitchen
--dining room
--living room

Saturday:
--bedroom/hallway
--bathroom
--office

I made a cleaning list by room to help me as I clean. I love checking off the list as I go! This helps to keep me focused and not be as apt to forget something!

This afternoon I'm getting a head start on the kitchen cleaning by soaking and scrubbing the stove burners and coils and cleaning the oven(self-clean). If I have time, I may go ahead and wash the kitchen and dining room curtains and windows.

What are your plans for the holiday weekend? Hopefully something more exciting than cleaning!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Fun, spring cleaning! LOL!

Dh is taking the kids and our little sister to a college baseball game tonight. Tomorrow we are going to a Easter picnic/egg hunt for his work. I hope to go to the market for some fresh veggies/fruit or whatever comes along. Then to make stuff for Easter dinner. :D

have a great weekend!
Sherry